lördag 1 december 2007

Dolly

Pheew. This weekend has been insane.
It all started with me making a extremely primitive 3D version of tetris to test the new object system. During this procedure I realized that a GameObject::clone() method would be really nice to have - at least in a level editor. This turned out to be a lot harder than I imagined. First you have to mind shared references between different components, than you actually must be able to clone all the resources you have stored. This became a little adventure on its own, and I'm not nearly finished, but I really want this function so I'll build it. I have, as of 2 minutes ago, a really good picture of what the different functions would look like and I'm glad to see it doesn't disturb our existing system to much.

I wish I had some pictures to show you, but I mainly draw ASCII figures in forums these days.

But I found this old quick unfinished sketch of a paper boy for the game:

Inga kommentarer: